Friday, January 13, 2012

Sex and sexuality, Launch

Cheers all in the new year.

I would like to start 2012 with one of my new series mentioned earlier, and my favorite no less!

The reason I decided to launch this conversation is my authentic interest and passion about sex and sexuality. Let me tell you, I am not the one who lowers her voice and puts her eyes down when a subject of sex is raised. I am the one who brings the subject up, and talks about it with the seriousness common to any other important life matter.
Why do I have such a liberal and open attitude about it I am not entirely sure myself.
I don't think it has to do with the upbringing or cultural background as much as with my own DNA. You see my parents weren't hippies walking around the house naked and talking to me and my sister about sex when we were growing up. In fact, my parents got married super young and were the first partner for each other. The only experience I remember from my childhood is my secret late nite playboy watching when everyone was asleep. I believe I was 11-12 y.o. I don't think my parents even suspected that every Saturday after midnight, a regular movie channel would switch to an erotic/sexual content.
Playboy shows were amazing in the 90's (unlike these days), they were erotic and sensual. I would feel almost intoxicated and would be looking forward to them every week.
Then I had a pretty normal sexual development, having my first sexual experience when I was 17, which was a major disappointment to my parents that I had sex outside of marriage. But when I shoot them straight in their faces with my honest "I could never imagine marrying someone I never had sex with", they realized I was of my own making and there is nothing they could do about it.

Anyway, this is a little bit of history on how I started developing my sexuality.

With time and experience, I learned that sex was one of the most important things for me when it came to relationships. Simply put, I would never be with someone I don't have a healthy and beautiful sex life with. Then I noticed that all my girl-friends would come talk to me about it, even my male friends. They would confide and talk about things they didn't feel comfortable about talking to others. I've become a sex guru in my circles :) The fact that I've always been the best sex partner for my boy-friends (so they told me:) made me realize that there is something more than my interest and passion. I realized it's my natural knowledge, my forte. I even consulted an expert on this, and he confirmed that I am more of a dying breed in our modern world "..You are a seductress of a very specific type not seen much in this jaded age of moral anxiety and sexual repression. Your kind was more often seen in the heyday of the ancient mystery Temples of Aphrodite, Astarte and Ishtar where priestesses served the sensual Divine..." his exact words.

The reason I am sharing all this with you is that I want you to know that I am not just some amateur but someone who has a natural and life proven knowledge about sex and sexuality in respect that other people don't. And since this subject is off limits in our society I've decided to take on a lead here. As I know for a fact many (if not all) people are dying to talk about it and would love it to be more addressed and accepted. Really it's just like your diet, physical regimen, life style, etc. But for some reason, has become frowned upon and eliminated from our daily lives.

So embrace yourself, as I'll embrace sexuality and discuss it on my blog in the most natural and free flowing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment